Wednesday, November 3, 2010

kneel: the all purpose stance! (or, when in doubt.....kneel!)

Here I stand, on my knees. I am powerless to do otherwise. My own strength would land me lower than hell. But by His strength, on my knees, I can stand tall rejoicing in prayer. I will walk by His might or not at all. For without His help I can do naught but fall. Here I am strong, humbly bowed before my King, enjoying the warmth of His gaze. Proud, not in what I've done but in the beautiful work of the cross. The cross brought me armor, so much stronger than the rags my own self-righteous works had been creating my entire life. I can only cast away my rags like an infested sinful disease, and put on the glorious armor that does not need to be shined, sharpened, or repaired. Here I am strong, without shadow of my own. Only in the shadow of the cross can greatness be found. Here the battle is won against the world, the flesh and the Devil. An army’s true strength is found by the number of those who submit to God, get down on their knees, and pray. I will passionately fight the good fight, on my knees. I will aggressively run the race set before me, on my knees. I will press towards the high calling, on my knees. I will walk on the road not taken by many, the high and narrow road, on my knees. I will advance His kingdom, on my knees. Help me Lord, to stand on my knees, walk on my knees, dance on my knees, worship on my knees, fight on my knees and live on my knees!

3 comments:

  1. Hey I love the last paragraph especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, I think this is the best and most challenging thing you have ever written. I agree with Heidi, the last paragraph is the best. I hope that that you will continue to think and write in this vein. You will be stirred up in your "inner man" as you do the same for others. This corresponded so well with the book I am currently reading, Wrestling Prayer.

    ReplyDelete