Friday, December 16, 2011

Seek the LORD and Live

So I read in Amos today and a while ago. And there was a lot of things that really grabbed me. Narrowing it down will be hard. Let me share a couple things (fingers crossed it's coherent)

Amos 5:6, 8-9

“Seek the LORD and live,

He made the Pleiades and Orion;
He turns the shadow of death into morning
And makes the day dark as night;
He calls for the waters of the sea
And pours them out on the face of the earth;
The LORD is His name.
He rains ruin upon the strong,
So that fury comes upon the fortress."


Amos 5:14a, 15

Seek good and not evil,
That you may live;
So the LORD God of hosts will be with you.

Hate evil, love good;
Establish justice in the gate.
It may be that the LORD God of hosts
Will be gracious


Amos 5:21-24

“ I hate, I despise your feast days,
And I do not savor your sacred assemblies.
Though you offer Me burnt offerings and your grain offerings,
I will not accept them,
Nor will I regard your fattened peace offerings.
Take away from Me the noise of your songs,
For I will not hear the melody of your stringed instruments.


But let justice run down like water,
And righteousness like a mighty stream."


No comments:

Post a Comment