Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Stop the Little League Arms Race!

*Little League Arms Race*

So I found this article to be humorously interesting. Things you'll never hear at commencement (that you still need to know).

A couple highlights:
  1. Fraternities were a good thing
  2. Don't worry, it's gonna get worse!
  3. The author sets a record high expectation as he encourages us to "not make the world worse"
  4. Marry someone who is smarter than you (although mathematically I can only see this working for half of any marriage union lol)
  5. Stop the Little League 's arm race (because when you die no one is going to say "here lies so and so, they finished life in 189th place")
  6. Your parents don't want what is best for you
  7. Don't be a circus animal 
If you didn't start reading the article after about point 3, you and I are probably not friends lol

It would be interesting to see someone write such an article to new Christians . . . maybe once I graduate :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha I read it so that I can continue to be your friend! lol Humorous and fairly solid for secular advice. Good thing class of '09 wasn't reading this article, I'd have spent my grad party warding off marriage proposals. ;)

    ReplyDelete