Saturday, May 5, 2012

This is truth to fashion your life around!

For those of you who read my blog you’ll know that I have a strong propensity to write my own thoughts along with passages from scripture. I will save you from that this time... This is mostly because there is no exposition that I could give, no internalization of blessing, no comparison, no additional enlightenment –  nothing at all that I could say that would capture in any way the majesty and power portrayed here. My flawed words would only detract and diminish this glory! These, these are words to live by! This is truth fashion your life around!

The law of the Lord is perfect,
     reviving the soul;
the testimony of the
Lord is sure,
     making wise the simple;

The precepts of the Lord are right,
    rejoicing the heart;
the commandment of the
Lord is pure,
     enlightening the eyes;

The fear of the Lord is clean,
    enduring forever;
the rules of the
Lord are true,
    and righteous altogether.

More to be desired are they than gold,
    even much fine gold;
sweeter also than honey

    and drippings of the honeycomb.

Moreover, by them is your servant warned;
     in keeping them there is great reward!

Psalm 19:7-11 (ESV)

2 comments:

  1. I suppose it would be totally unacceptable to not also mention the last verse from that Psalm as well!

    "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm good ones. You're right, there doesn't seem much to add to these-- perhaps only music! I love the song that comes straight from these verses... you probably know the one, but if you don't, ask mom. It's beautiful! For the record, I always appreciate your added commentary though! It helps to understand why the passage is especially meaningful at that point, and you always have good, and thought-provoking things to say!

    ReplyDelete